Subject: Re: Thanks & Observations
From: "Otto J. Anshus" <otto@cs.uit.no>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:18:14 +0200

Check out the Tenba bags and back packs at www.tenba.com

I have a pile of bags of all sizes, brands, and prices (Fogg, Tenba,
Lowepro, Travelpro, etc), including a large Tenba back pack. However,
what I actually end up using the most with the Leica M is the smallest
Tenba computer back pack! (I think the number is C14). I have the lenses
in Lowepro pouches, usually zipped open, and I just drop them into the
back pack. I place the M6 with lens right on top of the lens pouches.  I
end up having a very small back pack that does not look like it is
containing much of value, and with lots of space to spare for a palmtop,
papers, film, swiss army knife, small first aid kit, ...

When I need to shift lenses rapidly, I just clip the Lowepro pouches to
my belt or trousers (I find velcro to be an horrific invention, but the
pouches has a velcro system that actually works). Even if I can happily
use the 50mm for weeks on end, it is good to know that I have other
lenses close at hand in the computer (!) back pack.

What I have found with a traditional photo backpack is that in practice
small M lenses tend to fall out of their places in the back pack, and
they end up hurting each other (just try to put them in a back pack and
turn it (carefully) upside down a few times). I have had many ski trips
where this has happend. But perhaps skiing is not the number one
activity right now in Kathmandu?

<snip>

> Ian Stanley
> Kathmandu, Nepal