Subject: Re: Dupes from colour negatives
From: jose luis gonzalez <jlg@redestb.es>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:16:04 +0000

Hello Ian:
Look in Kodak web site info on Vericolor slide film and vericolor print
film, the first is in 30 m length 35 mm, the other is 4x5 sheet film
you can get beautifull 4x5 trannies from ektar 25 35 mm film using your
enlarger, Both are procesed in C 41 ( another reason to get the Jobo )

I use a Polaroid Scanprint Plus to scan color negatives, I get much
better results than from trannies, because  shorter density dynamic
range of negatives is handled much better by the scanner than the
broader range of a transparency, from  properly  exposed negatives you
can get luminous shadows and detailed hilites. If you are interested I
can send you a sample image. A plus is that you can record your finished
images to a CD Rom with a life expectancy of 100 years. Color correcting
during scanning is not more difficult than  color printing on paper.

If you want more info just knock my e-window:=96)

Greetings from Tenerife

Jose Luis