Subject: Re: Multiple bodies
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 97 12:29:46 +0200

Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net> wrote among other things:

>If I carry two bodies, I carry one "normally" around my neck,
>hanging  against my chest. I carry the second one on my shoulder,
so >that it hangs at my side, kind of like a purse. An old trick is
to >sew a button on the  shoulder of your shirt or jacket, to help
keep >it from slipping off. I  find that this is very inconspicuous,
and >is less obvious than changing  lenses if you need a different
focal

The button thing is useful - I have it on the outside of my
backpack shoulder strap which is the usual slippery high-tech cloth.
For some reason I don't like to carry a camera around my neck. It's
always either on my shoulder or in my hand, strap around my palm. I
find that in cities or wherever there are crowds that I need to
slice through it is a bit clumsy & risky to have a body on both
shoulders.

>I personally find that it works best to be open about taking
>pictures, but not showy about it. If it looks like you are trying
to >secretive and furtive, you call attention to yourself and put
people >on their guard. On the other hand, if you have a lot of
hardware >hanging on you and make a big deal about it, you call
attention to >yourself and make people self-conscious. Being open
but casual, I >find, works best for me.

I quite agree. Looking either too "professional" or coy stiffens
people up. No good. Another thing is that being low key & avoiding
camera bags etc. keeps the pick-pockets etc. city scum from tagging
you.

Good bit on Eisenteadt!

Cheers,

Kari Eloranta