Subject: Re: Lenstests.
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 10:39:43 +0200

>I think you want to discuss the Elmarit-M 90/2,8 not the Tele-Elmarit, who
>is not produced sinds 1989/90.
>
>Anyway, I noted the same kind of variances in BAS (Germany) test.

You are absolutely right. Chasseur d'Images called the lens Tele-Elmarit-M,
which is why I used the name. Their picture and their description (build-in
sun shade) however indicates that the lens they tested was the new
Elmarit-M. Another indication of sloppy work.

I feel that BAS is biassed towards the advertisers in Foto Magazin,
especially Leica and Zeiss. I remember a test of the Summarit 50mm/f1,5
which came out quite well while everybody who used the lens knows that the
Summarit has a contrast problem.
Gerard Captijn
Geneva, Switzerland
Email: captyng@vtx.ch