Subject: Re: M3 Pressure Plate
From: "gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 11:34:50 +0200

Hi

I took a close look at my M3 which is very early and does have a glass
plate as well as another one which has a metal plate. The glass plate is a
piece of flat black glass (looks like metal) held in place on three sides
by a thin metal frame. The metal plate on the one I looked at is attached
differently. It has folded over ends which fit int the attachment to the
back. I think if your pressure plate is a flat piece with a thin metal
frame (no folds at the ends) it is glass...otherwise it is metal.

Hope this helps

Harold