Subject: Re: Victoria snow story! :) off topic
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 13 Jun 97 13:07:58 EDT

Paul Schliesser wrote:

<<I was in Victoria around Christmastime the year before. The weather was really
mild; there was a parade of boats in the harbor one night, they all had
outrageous Christmas decorations on them. I was out there with my M3 and only a
light jacket.>>>>

Hi Paul,

Glad you were here then as the Christmas boat parade is a great photo event if
you shoot availabe light pictures with at least an ASA 200 slide film and a good
fast, of course Leica lens. :)

I shoot it most years manily for fun and to try new film sometimes. Usually I
have used Kodachrome 200 and have had super results with the 50 Noctilux.
Although it is in the evening darkness of December as long as you meter for the
lights of the boats it is possible to capture some great images.

<<When I saw your posts about the storm last Christmas and the 10-foot
drifts,>>

Well it was a hummer of a storm and Seattle was hit even worse than us as theirs
became rain and man it was devastation.  Luckily it doesn't stay too long when
we do get a "snow flurry", but it shut the city down completely as they don't
have for real snow plow vehicles here. :)

Made for great photographs though.

ted