Subject: Re: R3 MOT question
From: pgs@pa.dec.com (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:17:19 -0700

   Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 10:46:24 -0600
   From: Colin <colinmi@fast.net>

   JWilk11912@aol.com wrote:

   > I have an Elmarit-R 35/2.8 (serial # 2021984) that seems to have a damaged
   > coupler that causes the metering to be incorrect (read....drops to "B") when
   > the shutter release is depressed.

   Joe,

   Your lens was made in about 1965 for the original Leicaflex.  That would
   be a one cam lens.  It probably hasn't be updated to have the third or
   'R' cam.  It's not usually economical to have single cam lenses cammed
   to three cam.

I'm curious about this.  A 3-cam 35/2.8 costs in the neighborhood of
$650.  A 1-cam 35/2.8 costs about $350.

It costs $100 to have Don Goldberg update a 2-cam lens to 3-cam
- -- how much does it cost to have a 3rd cam put in on a 1-cam lens?
Seems like if it cost anything similar, you'd come out ahead.