Subject: Re: Help on Repair
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:32:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com wrote:

>       I have several Leica SM and M bodies to be serviced.  From all
>      gathered info on competent repair persons, I narrowed down to three:
>
>      1. Don Goldberg
>      2. John Van Shelten
>      3. Golden Touch

[snip]

My own experience has been exclusively with Sherry Krauter of Golden
Touch who for about ten years now has been working on my Leica
rangefinders - both bodies and lenses.  She's also done a Nikon F3
(which required a bit of diagnostic persistence to resolve the problem)
and a Rollei 35S.  The latter non-Leica piece produces images just this
side of amazing, but that's another thread for another list. Nothing has
had to go back because of an inadequate repair. What's been most
impressive to me is her candor as to the cost vs. the value of a repair

This is a personal opinion. YMMV, as the cybersaying goes.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart