Subject: Re: R8, first impressions of an amateur
From: John_McLeod@designlink.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 21:48:29 GMT

Elliot -

While I appreciate the R8's solid feel, I find the camera a bit awkward to
hold.  I have relatively small hands, but was always comfortable with Nikon's
F2, the Canon EOS-1n and the Leica R6.  In my hands, the R8 shutter release is
located a touch too far away from the right side of the camera body, as well as
from the front of the camera.  Those with larger hands and greater index finger
"reach" will probably not have a problem.

For whatever reason, the R6 has always been a joy to use and hold.  It fits my
hands better than an M6, in fact.  Every time I think about selling the R6, I
pick it up, fondle it, and "just say no".

John McLeod