Subject: Re: recoated Summarit
From: pgs@pa.dec.com (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 14:23:11 -0700

   Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 19:44:34 -0700
   From: "H. S. Lam" <hslam@chevalier.net>

   Hi Patrick,

   Can you tell me what was the cost for the front lens re-coating ?
   Would it cost more to have more than 1 surface coated ?
   I am interested in this information because my old Elmar 50 mm. has a
   fine haze in one of the internal surfaces, and I am wondering whether it
   is better to re-coat it or buy a brand new lens.

John charged $100 for the polishing and recoating of a single surface,
which makes it pretty affordable.  I also had the lens cleaned and
lubricated, and I think there was an additional charge for that, but I
don't remember.  Send John mail at focalpt@ecentral.com and ask him.
Be forewarned that it will take some time, because he has to have
enough elements together in a batch to make it economical to send them
through the process.

- -Patrick