Subject: Re: Hello, there.
From: pgs@pa.dec.com (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 12:14:39 -0700

   Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 09:09:31 +0900
   From: Tomoyuki Kumagai <kumagai@jalapeno.sun-net.or.jp>

   Hello. My name is Tom Kumagai from Japan. I've just bought the LEICA IIIc
   (I am not a collector - just wanted a lens-exchangeable RF cameras with
   good&old-fashioned lens).

   I am satisfied with the lens (summitar 5cm F2) and accuracy of the shutter
   being this old camera. Though there is one thing... the half-mirror inside
   the rangefinder is worn (well somehow the coating is disappearing...)
   Does anyone know how this be fixed?

As a matter of interest, it is possible to have mirrors silvered
commercially, in small quantities, for a reasonable price.  People who
make their own telescopes require this service, and there are a bunch
of places to have it done.  However, I don't know if any camera repair
people offer this service for Leica rangefinders.