Subject: Re: Leica R7
From: ChipZHZ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 01:55:21 -0400 (EDT)

<< Features that are useless to some,
 others cannot do without.

I think that is what it really comes down to. For me, the matrix metering,
more advanced and readable viewfinder displays, higher shutter speeds were
all features of significance, especially the matrix metering where the
results for my level of use are dramatically different than my other R's.
 They say the winder will be here in the fall, the drive, the spring, with
autobracketing......
I loved my earlier R's, they now look a bit dated I am afraid.  Intially the
8 was off putting, but it grows on you with it's much easier to use
layout,finder,etc.  I'd say look at the them both side to side before making
a choice....

- -chip