Subject: Found A 35mm Summilux Aspheric lens
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 18:43:17 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

At last my quest is over - I have found a new 35mm Aspheric Summilux at Mid
City Camera in Philadelphia.  They even agreed to trade in my mint German
Summicron with hood, caps, leather lens case and original Leitz white
cardboard box.  I think it was the box that made the deal go through <bg>.

The best part of all is that it is being delivered to my office tomorrow so
I'll have it for the weekend.  That is service that should be standard with
Leica equipment.  If you need it for a project, the dealer brings the lens
to you.

I'll let you know next week if this Aspheric optic is better than the 35mm
Summicron.  Its not that I was unhappy with 35mm Summicron.  I just like
shooting wide open and that extra f stop comes in handy with a hand held
camera.  Maybe it would have been cheaper to keep the Summicron and just
use a tripod.  Nah...  I hope Leica remains in business for a long time and
keeps making new lenses.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD