Subject: Re: Mounting colour prints for exhibition
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:45:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Harold Gess wrote:

> to ensure they stay flat is to use a spray-type glue to attach them to
> acid-free board. I wonder whether anybody has experience of these glues and
> can perhaps recommend any which are better than others. (in terms of not
> using acidic chemicals, etc.)

If the mat will cover a bit of the printing paper, why not use hinges of
adhesive tissue such as that manufactured by Lineco here in the US? Color
paper is not as susceptible the effects of humidity, etc. that make fiber
base curl and buckle.  The advantage of hinges is that they provide a
reversible mount while glues tend to be either permanent or difficult to
remove.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart