Subject: Re: New M6 Rangefinder Problem
From: ROB HEYMAN <rheyman@cynergy.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 20:10:56 +1000

Richard Clompus wrote:

> Dear Fellow LUGnuts,
>
> The doubled
> image line up horizontally but are off a bit vertically.  When you try
> focus on a sign with letters, the letters are out of registration
> vertically.  What a bummer.

I'm not sure whether you would want to believe a non-tech person about
this but here goes.

There is a horizontal adjustment which can be made very easily. Take off
the lens and you will find a black screw immediately top centre. VERY
carefully turn the screw. Re-attach your lens, focus on infinity and
test to check that everything is lining up. Then do it again because you
went too far... etc.  etc..

Now if anyone can tell me how to make the VERTICAL adjustment I would be
grateful. I have had this adjustment done at our registered Leica
importer about 18months ago and it has slipped again. At $255 minimum
per visit I would rather try it myself!!

Rob