Subject: Broke Down & Bought a Leicaflex SL
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:29:53 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I was out with a photo buddy of mine this past Friday visiting a camera
shop and I did something I thought I'd never do.  I bought a used chrome
Leicaflex SL with 50mm Summicron lens.  Worse, I even charged it on a
credit card.  I never use plastic to pay for camera gear.  I prefer the old
fashion cash method. The dealer gives me a camera or lens and I hand over
paper money.

All this talk about reflex Leicas had weakened my will power.  With Dick
Hemingway getting a Leica R8, my will power cracked.  I do have some
ethical standards.  The reflex Leica had to have a focal plane shutter.
None of this vertical metal bladed stuff.  If the shutter is not  cloth and
or doesn't go from right to left, I don't want it.  The body will be sent
out to Sherry this week at Golden Touch for her to perform some magic.  The
50mm Summicron lens is in great shape.  If this Leicaflex SL works out, I
can see a Leicaflex SL2 in my future as well.

Since I shoot mostly macro work with my reflex cameras, has anyone had
experience with the 60mm Macro or the 100 mm Elmar macro.  I was told that
the 100mm Elmar macro was just about as sharp as the 100mm Apo with
apertures 5.6 or less.

I also had an excuse for my wife.  Friday was our 21st wedding anniversary.
 So I guess the camera was a gift to myself.  At least that's what I told
my wife.

Richard