Subject: Re: Broke Down & Bought a Leicaflex SL
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 21:17:42 CDT

Curt,

>(wishing I could own this instead of my Spotmatic).  One thing I'm
>looking
>forward to is using my Hasselblad lenses on this body with one of
>those
>Zorkendorfer mounts (even shifts!).

It is heaven.  When I had my old R4 I also had Hasselblad.  As I remember
I had the 150, 250 and 500 lenses for it.  I had a Hassy to Leica R
adapter.  Used to shoot with the 500, I think it was an f8 (?), don't
really remember.

It was a big dude on the Leica, but the picture was right out of the
middle of the Hassy lens - sharp as a tack.  Got some great pics before I
broke my back (figuratively speaking) carrying it around.  All the Hassy
lenses, including the 80, worked great on the Leica.  Not a bad idea if
you don't have the Leica lens and it is not one you would use a lot.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK