Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 06:17:21 -0700

On 22 Jul 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

<snip>

>And an Alpa is bas-akwards to normal cameras. So I (and
> probably most others) can indeed adapt to the idiosyncracies of a device
> and become fond of it. Like the Alpa. But sometimes, it just doesn't
> gell. There is a power within that controls this feeling. I don't know
> where it comes from. I just know it's there.

Sidebar on above: What with my aversion to P & S, I recently bought a real
minty Rollei 35 to act as such. Not completely adapted, yet, you should
see me trying to wind it on to the next exposure. Also, this model was for
European use and has the meter scale topside and feet on the bottom of the
lens barrel. Good exercise, though. I am getting better in making quick
"guestimates" at determining distance in meters rather than feet. Saves me
having to invert the camera to see the footage scale. Great fun.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Romance begins when you sink into his arms,
      and ends with your arms in his sink!