Subject: Re: Gibberish on the LUG
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 20:46:27 -0700

On 25 Jul 97,  Richard W. Hemingway wrote:

> >If you like talking about R8s so much, start a new R8 users group.
>
> Come on Jon, R8's really are Leicas.  Really.  I don't think that the
> name of this group is the Leica M user's group.

While even I wouldn't lobby for a reduction in R talk, Dick, have a look
at the welcome message that the listowner sent when you first subscribed.
(You do have it, right?) Brian doesn't mandate, but does allow as how
though there are Rs out there, the M is expected to be the major topic on
the list.

That is a broad paraphrase of his comment, since I'm too lazy to fish it
out of the file. Not to worry, though, since Brian seems to me to be the
most "hands off" listowner in existence. All the recent flap here, without
a word from him, would bear out my remark.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
      that they are right, whether they are or not.