Subject: Re: Gibberish on the LUG
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 21:13:19 -0700

On 25 Jul 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

> There is a LOT of information to be gleaned from seemingly unimportant
> posts. Perhaps the interesting and talented people will stay while the
> not so... oh never mind! I'm probably already in trouble!

My oh my. As judgmental as I am! I champion your right to say ALL the
above, Jim, BUT it is NOT the purpose of *dedicated* lists to be all
things to all photographers.

A dedicated list that is allowed to wander so far afield will lose as many
talented subscribers as one left to the fate that you describe. An overly
didactic listowner is not desirable. Subscribers who will examine what
they have written, with, as previously mentioned, the question of, "does
anyone besides me care" are desirable.

Rec.photo.misc and the Photoforum List are excellent vehicles with which
to express your reason for photographing. The cutesy quips are best done
via private email, since they are nearly always aimed at one individual
only. Obviously, for sale listings are fine, but the negotiations and
transactions should be private. Flames from transactions are obvious,
also, in their proper routing.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer