Subject: Re: R9 Suggestion
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:14:56 -0700

At 10:52 PM 7/27/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Yep, mirrors do leak light....you can see this from all sides,
>through the lens, film chamber viewfinder, with mirror up in bulb
>mode and a strong light in the viewfinder or lens respectively.
>
>--
>Bye,
>
>Willem-Jan Markerink

You are correct, I tried this. Leica must think it's insignificant because
they say the eyepiece shutter is for shielding the meter cell from stray
light when the mirror is down. They say nothing about fogging film with the
mirror up. Roger, what does your R6.2 manual say about the eyepiece shutter?

I shoot almost 100% using a tripod, manual mode, mirror lock-up, and I
never use the eyepiece shutter and have never had any hint of a mirror leak
problem. ???

Jim