Subject: Re: Lost Leica (was Thugs are Stupid)
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 97 17:10:35 -0400

>An awful amount of sentiment must be attached to some equipment. I like
>using my Leicas, but if they are stolen I'll just let my insurance company
>replace them.

Ken,

I've had my M3 for about 16 years. It's gone with me to Russia, China,
all over Europe and North America. It was my first Leica; I remember
flirting with it for about 2 weeks, while it was sitting in the window of
a camera store in Stockholm, while I was working there. If it was stolen,
it would be a bigger loss to me than it's resale value. It's an old
friend.

I would not feel as bad if my M6 was taken, although it would be a bigger
financial hit and I actually use it a lot more these days than I do the
M3.

I'm not generally too sentimental about physical items, but I am about my
M3.

- - Paul