Subject: Re: Lost Leica (was Thugs are Stupid)
From: ROB HEYMAN <rheyman@cynergy.com.au>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 08:01:54 +1000

Dan Cardish wrote:

> At 03:32 PM 01-08-97 -0400, kw wrote:
> >An awful amount of sentiment must be attached to some equipment. I
> like
> >using my Leicas, but if they are stolen I'll just let my insurance
> company
> >replace them.
>
> If I am to believe all the reports recently posted about poor quality
> control at Leica, I would hate to have a good working M6 stolen and
> then
> have it replaced it with a lemon.  Nothing to do with sentimentalism.
>
> Dan C.

Dan
I agree with you, The Leica I had stolen last Saturday was working
beautifully even with a slight misalignment in the rangefinder.  I
received a "loaner" from the importers on Wednesday so I could continue
on.  I will be forever grateful to them for their quick response but the
camera just "felt wrong". There was nothing amiss with it, but it
sounded different, the blind sounded louder, the lever felt stiffer, and
a number of other little things. I would really like my old one back
because it felt right.  We have worked together for four years and
dammit, you get attached!!!

If I get a new one that needs "bedding in" I will accept that, but if
it  has some of the faults mentioned in this forum I will not be a happy
chappie. I don't want one that needs adjustment of the focussing mech or
has a winder which causes problems.

Bugger it all, this has not been a good week!!

Rob