Subject: Re: The Leica R8 and moving up from Canon
From: Detlef Beyer <d.beyer@hermes.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:54:44 +0200

christoph wrote:

>I used to have a Rollei 2000F (wonderful lenses, unreliable body) which has
>two finders, one like a standard SLR, one to look from the top like the old MF
>Rolleis or the 2.8GX. I liked this VERY much. It is very unobtrusive to focus
>at waist level.
>For the F3 such a finder is available!

Hi Christoph,

had the 2000F some years ago. If I remember right - it was nearly
impossible to use the top-finder at waist level. The finder-size was
smaller then a 35mm slide and with more than 10cm away you don't see
anything?! I now own a 2.8GX as my 6*6 camera and this finder is something
completly different. You don't shot at a target but compose the image "on
the screen". Impossible with the small version and should be the same
problem with the F3-finder.

Detlef

<LEICA IMAGES> http://www.hermes.de/chile/ </LEICA IMAGES>