Subject: [leica-users]lurker requests your recommendations
From: JF <j_fritz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:49:45 -0700

My old Canon camera, lenses and filters were stolen and I now intend to
replace them.  I am a landscape/wildlife/travel photographer.
Previously a hobbyist, I intend to pursue these interests
professionally.  I use lenses from wide-angle to 600mm.  I'm frequently
in low light conditions (existing light, early am--late pm).  I
understand that leica has the best optics around.  It appears the best
optics are with the rangefinder M series which would be good for
landscape and some travel photography, but then I would be without
telephoto/zoom lenses for wildlife and some travel photos.  The R-series
is the next step; however, I've noted the discussion of poor viewfinder
visibility in low light with the R-series camera/lenses.

I have approximately $6,000 to invest.  I would appreciate your
recommendations.

Thanks,
JT