Subject: Re: New R8 Convert
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 18 Aug 97 01:01:21 EDT

Richard Clompus wrote:

<<<<I dropped off the proverbial cliff today by taking delivery of a  new black
R8 and 60mm macro.  It compliments my new 100mm Apo macro lens. I fell for it
like a ton of bricks.>>>>>

hey hey Richard:
Just like a new love! :) Man you are smitten and now committed for life!:)

<<This camera feels better to hold than to hang around your neck on a Domke
strap.>>>>

Interesting you say that, as it is the simple fact of having the R8 in your
hands. It seems you just want to handle it like a warm woman. :) All curves and
comfort! :)

And it fits so well, your right hand and arm do not feel tired after many hours
of shooting, compared to some others on the market. Leica or otherwise.

<<<Ted Grant and Dick Hemingway put me on the right track with the R8.>>

If many more folks are influenced by Dick and myself to buy R8's, I think the
two of us should get royalties on sales or a new R8 extra body!  What think you
Dick? :)

<<But I can live with Leica lenses.>>

Gee I'd hate to hear you say anything else. :) It would be interesting to hear
if you find a "noticeable difference" between the Apo 100 2.8 and the 60 you
just purchased. Obviously I don't mean in image size, but anything that might be
obvious and easily defined.  If you have a moment others might find it
interesting. Thanks.

Have fun, use lots of film and the great images will come! After all now you're
a member of the "elite group of R8 owners"! Yahoo that ought to raise some hair
on a few guys necks! :) fun  boys, fun! :)

You know me I'm never serious other than when I have the camera to my eye. :)

ted