Subject: Re: M3 + Lager, Leica Illustrated Guide
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 06:22:25 -0400 (EDT)

 Alexander Konig
 The Netherlands
<<
 It is said that the M3 is one of the finest M-camera's, but it has it
 shortcomings. Apart from not having a ttl lightmeter like all other <M5
 camera's, the viewfinder frames are limited to only the 50, 90 and 135
 mm lenses. Does this also mean that I couldn't work with a 35 mm lens on
 the M3? Are there ways to overcome this problem?
 There are 35/3.5, 35/2.8 & 35/2 lenses for the M3 that have special
 eyes attached to provide a 35mm window for the M3 ad they usually
 sell for the same price as the regular lenses.  You can also use a
 regular 35mm with a Brite Line finder added to the shoe.
 My second question is the following. What do you pay for a James Lager,
 Leica Illustrated Guide (I, II, III). In Holland I have to pay for a
 1993/1994 edition 200 US dollar for each part. So for three parts I have
 to pay the outrageous amount of 600 US dollar! Isn't that a bit much for
 a book that isn't yet antique, or is this a normal price?!
 The Lager soft cover set of 3 sells for between $125 & $150 for
  all 3 when available, but they are difficult to find even here.

 Alexander Koning
 The Netherlands