Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 12:44:55 -0700

At 11:10 PM 9/6/97 -0400, Tom wrote:
> The Avenor finders (21 and 28mm lenses) are
>HUGE but very good and 1/3 of the price of Leicas. This means I can drop or
>destroy 3 of them at the same cost as I have to pay for one Leica finder. Not
>a bad deal.

I find what you say about the Avenor finders interesting -- I'm in the
market for a 21mm finder.  Although I've heard differing opinions about the
Russar finder, I don't like mine much at all, even though it is the later
version with parallax control.  It's difficult to see the whole frame (and
I don't wear glasses), and there's a lot of blurring towards the edges.
Okay for grab shots but no good for careful composition.  I wish I knew
where to pick up an Avenor finder.  As you say, at 1/3 the price of the
Leica finder, if they perform at all well it's a great deal.

- -Patrick