Subject: Re: 100/4 Elmar vs 65/3.5 Elmar
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 18:18:24 -0700

At 04:40 PM 9/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
> Patrick -
>      In the past, I have used the 65/3.5 Elmar with adapter on the "R"
> Bellows, with excellent results but am getting rid of all my "R" equip-
> ment and will use the 65 on both the "M" Bellows & directly on the
> Visoflex with the OTZFO universal focusing mount.  I use the the 65
> in preference to the 100 (even though it is a preset) since all other
> things being equal, I find it more versatile in that it will focus from
> infinity to same size (l:l) with the same superb results.

I've heard very good things about that lens, and I even bid $400 for one on
AuctionWeb a month or so ago.  However, I was outbid on the last day by
that canny collector, Marvin Moss!  The 65/3.5 is an expensive lens,
though, by comparison with the 100/4, which usually sells for about $350 in
its bellows version.  Still maybe one of these days I'll get one.

- -Patrick