Subject: Re: Tiltall Tripods
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 23:57:08 -0700

On the topic of tripods, I thought I'd chime in and say that I have always
liked the Benbo design.  Some people like them; some people hate them.  I
saw one in Brian Bower's "Leica Reflex Photography" and was fascinated by
the built-in extension arm (I do some macrophotography and extension arms
are a great convenience if sturdy enough).  I bought a Benbo Trekker first,
but I didn't find it big enough for my purposes (I was still using a
Century Graphic sometimes them).  I got a Benbo 1 to replace it, and found
this to be an ideal tripod for me.

Of course, this is a topic on which reasonable people can disagree, and do,
often and strenuously.  A friend who uses 4x5 Graphics all the time really,
really hates my Benbo -- he can never get it adjusted to his taste.