Subject: Re: Cardish/Aspherical (2)
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 03:54:53 -0400 (EDT)

I have similar experiences: My (1935, later coated) f/2 Summar shows
definitly that type of 'bokeh' or 'Leica glow', which Leitz made famous once
and many LUGlers have been asking for, recently.

The 'bokeh' is strong, and in no comparison to the results of my 1996 f/2
Summicron, which on the other side reveals details of which my Summar would
"dream" only - but might have lost the famous old bokeh because of its (too)
strong contrast additionally. Further, the color impression (E 100s) from the
Summar often remembers on the color impression given by the f/1 Noctilux
(1981), although the slides are less sharp also.

Besides, it's remarkable to me, that LUGlers, who are in search of fine lens
characteristics or the lost Leitz bokeh, even prefer the f/1.5 Summarit to
modern Leitz lenses, which actually is a coated post war Xenon from
Schneider.

Alf

In einer eMail vom 03.09.1997  13:39:48, schreiben Sie: