Subject: Re: Price reductions & Receivership
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 11:25:02 -0700

Personally, I don't really feel that I can sympathize with dealers who are
frightened of Leica reducing their prices.  Dealers who have a large
inventory of Leicas purchased at earlier, higher prices don't understand
some basic business concepts.  They ought to try working in commodities (or
just at a computer store!) so that they learn about market fluctuations and
inventory control.  Then they might actually learn to use their capital
effectively rather than putting it on a shelf for a year or two.