Subject: Re: Price reductions & Receivership
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 23:38:39 -0700

At 03:00 PM 9/18/97 +0200, Christoph Blaue wrote:
>I do sympathize with these dealers, who have in stock whatever I want and
I am
>willing to pay a bit more than I have to in a photgraphic equipment
>supermarket where they have only those things which sell well.
>A couple of weeks ago we had exactly the same discussion the other way round:
>If I decide to buy an expensive thing for my Leica, I want to have it
>immediately!

I didn't mean that I don't sympathize in general with them -- I think that
they provide a useful service to those who are willing to pay a premium,
and they're just trying to make a living, etc.  Rather, my comment in which
I said that I don't sympathize with them was in reference to their
complaints about Leica lowering prices.  Companies have to lower prices
sometimes.  This is simply a reality of the market, and manufacturers like
Leica would go broke if they could not react to currency fluctuations.