Subject: Leica Price Reductions
From: CMUHLSTEIN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 19:05:18 -0400 (EDT)

In late 1996, I purchased a M6 from a well-known NY dealer for $2,300 minus a
$300 mail-in rebate or $2,000 net. The rebate was soon increased to $500.
Upon receiving my polite note, Leica rebated an additional $200.
Very impressive, doing the right thing for valued customers without legal
obligation.
Now for the real question. Why have'nt the lens prices come down 20%? If the
currency exchange means lower M6 prices, why not offer a Noctilux, 35
Summilux ASPH or other dream lenses at prices which may get closer to
shooters' reaches and actually move a lot of inventory? Go Leica! Don't worry
about going broke; worry about selling 20,000 M's a year.
Carl Muhlstein
P.S. Always glad to hear from street or documentary photographers in the Los
Angeles area. My office number is 310-235-3028.