Subject: Re: Speculations on new M:s
From: Mike Schuster <ajo@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:44:22 -0700

Hans Pahlen wrote:

> Well, sofar I have bought the 35/2,0 Asph, and decided to wait until
> December before I get another M6 body. Hopefully it will be a black M6J, if
> the Leica Gods will hear my prayers.

Hello Hans,

I'm also probably going to wait a while to buy a body, which will be my
first.
I've been using an Olympus OM-1 for a long, long time and decided
recently
that I'd like to try a rangefinder.

Concerning your desire for a new M6J at M6 prices, I'd like to find out
a bit more about the M6J. According to Sartorius (which is the only
reference I have) it is like a M3 with a M6 rewind knob, hot shoe and
battery cover. What viewfinder frames does the M6J have? Does the M6J
have a built in TTL meter?

Regards,
Mike Schuster