Subject: Re: Speculations on new M:s
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 21:57:59 +0200

Mike,
The M6J is a M6 with a look-alike M3 top-plate, but with M6 rewind knob.
But that is not so important to me. The important thing is the rangefinder,
that has 35 mm as the largest finder frame. Finder magnification is a
little larger than the M2-M4-M5-M6, but not as large as the original M3.
I always use a separate finder for the 28 mm, so this M6J finder is the
optimum for my needs.
If you dont have any M, I wonder if it really is a good idea to wait. The
M6 is a very good camera, as it is. Noone knows for sure, when and if any
other model will come.
I already have an M6, (and a M2 and M4 as backups), so I can wait. But in
your place, I would take the oportunity to get a M6 now, as I guess there
still is a rebate in the US?!?
/Hans

Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Mirror URL: http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-24872/