Subject: Camera Bag for Leica M
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 14:15:51 -0400 (EDT)

I have 4 recommendations:
1. Photoflex "Event" 9"Lx5"hx5"d (approx.); black ballistic nylon. In this
bag I have (with the proper arranging of partitions): Two M6 bodies, plus 28,
35/2,50/2,90/2 and 135/4 (older type).  In addition, the front pocket is padde
d on the outside so I keep a Vivitar 283 and off-camera sync cord in there.
 Film goes in my pocket!  The bag has a detachable shoulder strap which can
be threaded through a large belt-loop on the rear and worn as a waistpack, or
with an additional belt to thwart snatch-grab thieves. Also, the top opens awa
y from you. I blacked-out the bright red "Photoflex" logo with a felt pen.
$32.00 at B&H in NYC.

2. Tamrac makes an identically-sized bag, but it does not have the
away-openieng top, rear belt loop, front pocket isn't padded and the interior
has velcro strips but isn't completely velcro-compatible like the Photoflex,
so it isn't possble to layer and pack it as full.  It takes my M2 and
35-50-90 older,smaller lenses and a smaller flash. I paid about $25 a while
ago.

3. Domke F5XB (10Lx6.5hx4.5d).  Has interior padding, movable velcro
partitions and a zippered main compartment under a huge velcro-down weather
flap.  The shoulder strap is removable and you can wear the bag on your belt.
 It is quite body-hugging and discrete...doesn't look like a camera bag;  it d
oes look a bit like a ladies' handbag, however. $45 in NYC

4. Domke F6 "little-bit-smaller-bag": (12Lx7hx6.5d) like larger Domke bags
except it is shorter, doesn't have the outside end-flap pockets.  What it does
 have is a main compartment that zips shut under the clip-down top
flap...something I wish the other Domke bags had.  This helps keep your gear i
nside and other peoples' hands outside.

Doc