Subject: Re: Logic of meter diodes on M6
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 97 17:35:25 -0400

>Unfortunately, the same logic does not apply to the shutter speed knob, when
>I use aperture-priority (fix the aperture, then adjust the shutter speed);
>the diodes seem to point in the wrong direction.  The M6 and I do not make
>a perfect match; but I have a lot of fun using it.  I just learn not to use
>logic, that's all.

Phong,

It works if you think of turning the shutter speed knob so that the edge
of the knob closest to your eye moves in the direction of the arrow. This
is how I used to remind myself of which way to turn it before it became
natural. If you think about it, it does work the same way as the aperture
ring, if you imagine rotating the aperture ring 90 degrees towards you.

- - Paul