Subject: 21mm Elmarit ASPH.
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 97 00:48:19 -0400

Dear Lug,

There's a brochure for the new 21mm Elmarit ASPH available for download
from Leica's website, for those of you who don't get the Leica email
newsletter. The brochure is an Adobe Acrobat file and is very well done.

One thing that I found interesting is that the hood looks like the hood
from the old f/3.4 Super Angulon. I've got the "regular" 21mm Elmarit,
and I've never been convinced that the 12543 hood really does much good.
I wonder if the new one can be fitted to the older lens?

Anyway, check out the brochure.

The page for the new lens:

http://www.leica-camera.com/m_system/mobjn_e.htm

click on the PDF icon to download the brochure, or else use this URL:

http://www.leica-camera.com/m_system/pdf/21mm_e.pdf

(Substitute a "d" for the "e" at the end of the URLs if you'd prefer
Deutsch.)

- - Paul