Subject: m3 to m6
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 97 17:20:59 -0700

> While I realize that none of you guys can tell me if it would be
> worth it
> for me,  the experience of any one who has moved from an earlier M
> to the
> M6 might be helpful.

Steve,

I owned an M3 for many years, and used it from "time to time". It really
did play second fiddle to the CLE. When my wife gave me the M6 and the CLE
began to misbehave I sold the Minolta. The M6 has made me appreciate the M3
more, but the convenience of the built in meter is great, and even though I
love the M3 [built the same year as me] I would keep the M6 if I was only
to have one camera. In fact, I would keep the M6 above any of my other
cameras, but heaven forbid that I begin to travel that badly ;-)

The only down side might be the wider angle view of the viewfinder which
makes 90 and 135 frames a bit small, but I use wider angle lenses usually
so that has actually been for me a benefit as well. I don't think you would
regret the "investment" should you choose to proceed.

Cheers,

Alastair Firkin,