Subject: Re: V35 Enlarger
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 21:49:15 -0500

At 06:04 PM 10/7/97 +0100, you wrote:
>I also have a question. Is it, in case you use multigrade
>black-and-white papers more often than colourpaper, worthwhile to buy
>the VARIOCONTRAST module if you already have the colour module?

Alexander,

Yes, it is very much worth it. I've done vario contrast black and white
paper with the color head and I owned a V35 with the vario contrast module.
The latter way is much superior for speed and ease of use. The single dial
lets you go from 0 to 5 in one smooth motion. With the color head, you have
three dials to mess with.

And the vario contrast module seems to have the filters set for Ilford and
Oriental variable contrast paper. With Kodak, there is more of an exposure
time change as you change contrast.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

 -Robert R. Coveyou