Subject: Re: #12538 Lens Hood question
From: Robert Rose <RJR@usip.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:32:31 -0700

Got the hood from Lee-Mac Camera, Pasadena.  I am sending a copy to Mike Lahman at Lee-Mac if you would like to get any more info, perhaps he could respond directly.  It was Mike's idea.  I was asking him about getting a hood for the DR, and he said "you know what, take a look at this hood for the new Elmar."  Maybe he will start a trend.

I think it works very well, and even better, looks perfect.  It will also screw into a Leica filter if you want to interpose one.  The only thing to note about the filter is that some have "shallow" threads, whereas the new ones from Leica, and a skylight filter I have (Leica N.Y.) have the necessary depth of thread so that it looks like a perfect fit.

It definitely looks better than the black reversible models of any vintage.  It is engraved LEICA   M 2.8/50  E 39  12549

It is Part 12549

Bob Rose

>>> "Doug Williams (R)" <dwilli19@ford.com> 10/15 3:57 AM >>>
Thanks for the infor...where did you get the hood your hood?  Does it work
well?  THe DR Summicrom is so beautiful, and then there is my ugly plastic
expensive hood sticking off the end of it.  I want the convenience of your
set-up.  Does your hood have a part#?  Looking forward to hearing from you...