Subject: Re: Pretenders to the Throne
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:12:24 -0700

On 15 Oct 97,  Stephen wrote:

<snip>

> You see, to be a REAL Leica, it has to be among the very best of the
> very best.

Though we are a small percentage of the Leica R users, Stephen, R6 &
R6.2 shooters don't want all the technology. That's why we buy R6s and
love them. It a well built platform for the Leica glass. Like the Ms,
they are unique in today's production. I hope Leica continues to
recognize those of us who find nobility in stodginess, but I fear that
their new largely publicly held status will force them into an attempt
to compete head to head with Canon and Nikon. Es ist schade!

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America