Subject: New 21mm Aspherical Lens
From: SINAR4ME@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 21:41:53 -0400 (EDT)

I did a side by side comparison test of the following lenses: 21mm f3.4 Super
Angulon, 21mm f2.8 Elmarit, Carl Zeiss 21mm G lens, and the new 21mm 2.8
Aspherical lens.  I was quite disappointed with the performance of the 21mm
Asperical lens as it was just marginally better than the other 2 Leitz lenses
but not better than the Contax 21mm. I was greatly impressed by the Contax
21mm G lens as it appeared sharper and had better contrast in the shadows.  I
am not a Contax fan but after this comparison, I would consider buying the G
system as an associate system to the Leica M.

I shot the test on Fuji Sensia 100 film.  I will also do the same side by
side test on Kodak Kodachrome 25 film next week.

I was wondering if anyone else have had a chance to shoot the new 21mm
Aspherical lens and have any imput on the performance.

AD Lee