Subject: Re: New 21mm Aspherical Lens
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:14:34 -0400

>I was wondering if anyone else have had a chance to shoot the new 21mm
>Aspherical lens and have any imput on the performance.
>
>AD Lee

I have had a chance to compare the new 21mm ASPH with the 21mm f/3.4 SA
lens as well. I would agree with you in that my initial impressions are
that the newer lens is somewhat better. The new lens seemed to have better
immunity to flare, but I have not made exhaustive tests. My test rolls were
shot using Ektachrome Elite II 100. I have not been disappointed, however,
as the new lens is essentially the same price as the one it replaced (I
don't have that one for comparison).

I have not yet done a comparison with the Zeiss 21mm G lens. I'll try to do
that ASAP. My experience with the Contax G system is that the lenses are
very good indeed. And it's nice to have the viewfinders included (when
necessary).

I hope to meet some of you this weekend at the LHSA meeting in Charlotte,
NC. I'll be the clueless looking one with the beard.

Best Regards,
Vahan