Subject: Re: Special M6's
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 20:55:48 -0400

At 07:38 PM 10/24/97 +0000, Danny Gonzales wrote:
>There does seem to be an absolute co-relation between rarity and market
value. If this is
>not so, I'd appreciate some examples.

Oh, horse patooties, Danny.  The camera world is full of rare and
not-so-valuable items.  The auxiliary lenses for the Super Paxettes and
Werras are exceedingly hard to find but aren't worth diddly when you do
find them, as there is virtually no demand.

I have two Carl Zeiss Jena LTM lenses.  Both are rare, and only two
examples are known to exist of each.  One is a 1.5/7.5cm Biotar T:  I've
been offered two grand for it.  I could auction this baby off at Christie's
or Tamarkin's and possibly make quite a bit more, as there is demand for
this jewel.  The other is a 4/13.5cm Triotar.  I paid $200 for it and
that's what the guy I bought it from paid for it.  That's all its worth:  I
can sell it for $200, as I know the few collectors of oddball CZJ lenses in
LTM.  But this is NOT a collector's prize as is the Biotar.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315