Subject: Re: Special M6's
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 05:17:41 -0400 (EDT)

Marc,

>Oh, horse patooties, Danny.  The camera world is full of rare and
>not-so-valuable items.

Since I stated that the rarity to value rule was 'absolute' you get to win
this one handily. Both you and I (and the rest of the LUG) know that I was
speaking of that magic L word, special edition versions, relative value and
rarity; be it only a perception or 'real' rarity (I write that in deference
to the opinion that a PAD is just a normal M6 after all. It is).

Does anyone out there know of a special edition M or R camera that resells
for the value of a non-dressed one? I know SE's are a fairly recent phenom
and so, it won't be possible to call the results 'absolute'. I shouldn't
have used the word in the first place. The challenge still has legs though
and I find this an interesting look into the way you (Marc, Stephen,
Marvin, others) perceive the Leica 'instant collectable' species.

Danny Gonzalez