Subject: Re: Leica Photographie/Spec Issue M6
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:37:05 +0100

Lucien,

I fully agree with you! The special M6 edition also left me completely
underwhelmed. It gave me the impression of a worked-out advertizing booklet
with no new or objective information. The interview with Mr. Peters is a
joke (first the says he prefers SLRs, than he suddenly realized the
back-to-basics approach of the M6, and prefers the simplicity of the M -
although, honestly enough, he confesses that he uses both R and M depending
on the opportunity - seems the right answer for someone who is product
manager for the Leica M series).
The articles on the lenses and so on could come right from the Leica p.r.
department. Many of the pictures have also been seen already in Leica
booklets or brochures.

Mind you, I have nothing against the Leica company or the Leica M. In fact,
I am a very happy Leica (especially the R variety) user. But this is, as yo=
say, really a missed opportunity for Leica Fotografie.

BTW 1: I ordered the German version, so it will come as no surprise that
there are no language problems with this issue.

BTW 2: Another special issue of Leica Fotografie is scheduled for release i=
mid-October (although I suspect that there will be a delay here too). Topic=
:
Flashlights. It costs 19.80 DEM including postage and handling. I ordered m=
copy last week from the publisher: Umschau Zeitschriftenverlag, Breidenstei=
GmbH, Leserservice Leica Fotografie International, Herrn Albrecht K=F6nig,
Stuttgartner Stra=DFe 18-24, D-60329 Frankfurt (Germany). Fax: +49 (69)
2600609. Payment can be done with all credit cards.

Pascal
Belgium
Message created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook
<<<PGP public key available on request>>>