Subject: Re: Leica R questions
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:15:29 -0500 (EST)

Eric is correct that the SL/SL-MOT route is not an effective way to go if you
want/need motor capability for shooting soccer.   My situation is that of an
adoring father who neither gets paid for shooting the games, nor has the
professional requirement of producing  saleable or printable images of each
game for newspapers or magazines.  Preparation, knowledge of the style of
play of my daughter's team and of individual players, and anticipation have
been valuable tools in allowing me to produce 3-4 memorable shots (and a
bunch more of "acceptable" ones) of each player by each season's end.
 Sometimes the good shots come in bunches, sometimes I'll use less than half
a roll for an entire game if the game is lackluster or I don't like what I am
seeing in the  viewfinder.  Lack of a motor has not been a problem for me,
but would most definitely be so for the "working pro."  I've used the motor
drive on the R-4SP a few times with slightly more productive results, and
significantly increased weekly processing costs !

                                                       Mike Swiek