Subject: Re: Leica R questions
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 20:14:45 -0800

At 11:57 AM 10/28/97 -0600, you wrote:
>At 08:40 AM, you wrote:
> I've seen an R4sP in the
>current Shutterbug for $395. Worth every penny! And a Motor R for $299. A
>grip for the motor R costs $75 and is worth it. Nice cheap outfit to run a
>Leica lens on.

You know, I used to have an R4s, and I was perfectly happy with it (except
for the fact that I couldn't see the manually-set shutter speed in the VF,
but Leica could actually fix that on this camera and had fixed it in all
R4sP's).  But the thing that made me sell it and get another R6 was that it
had no mirror prefire, which was bad when doing macrophotography, where I
often found myself at shutter speeds from 1/4 - 1/15 sec.

Something that has occurred to me to wonder is -- is it possible to modify
cameras like the R4sP, R5, and R-E to have mirror prefire?  Doesn't seem
like it'd be impossible -- does anyone know if Leica can do this?

- -Patrick